PayPal is now one of the most popular ways to pay for things on the internet. In business, it moves money and processes payments for online vendors and auction sites, and people who work for other companies. An excellent app on your phone is PayPal, but there are still some problems with the service that people have to deal with sometimes. Then, does this mean that PayPal isn’t an excellent way to make money? Not at all! There are quick ways to solve some of the most common problems with PayPal.
Problems with PayPal and How to Fix Them
Rejection of your card
There are many problems with PayPal, but this is one of the most common ones. There are a lot of things that could be the cause of this.
PayPal has a limit
People who don’t have a PayPal account that has been checked out. There is a red flag when someone gives out their email address or credit card number to someone else. You have to ensure that another account did not use the credit card before getting it back to solve this problem. If you’re leaving to spend a lot of money through PayPal, you need to ensure that you’re an authentic user.
You can use your cell phone to solve this problem, too. Take these steps:
- Tap the PayPal app on your phone and log in to your account to get your money.
- Toward the top of the page, tap on the Cards section. A rectangle looks like a square in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- In this case, you can tap on the plus sign to add a card or bank. You can choose whether it’s from your bank, debit cards, or credit cards in the next step.
- Your card number and address should be entered into this form and added to your account. When everything is done, press the Link card button.
- You will then see that your card has been linked. To finish the process, tap on Done.
- You will then be caught on a page where you will be asked to confirm your card. When the text is underlined, tap on it and follow the instructions.
- It might be different if the card you linked is different from what you will do next.
- As soon as you finish this, you will see a confirmation of your account verification on your account.
Currency Conversion Problems
Many people have problems with PayPal, and this is one of them. It has been going on for a while now, but PayPal hasn’t done anything about it, which is weird. Fortunately, this is usually just a short-term problem. This usually gets better after a while. It can be a real pain if you need to change your money right away. You can fix this quickly, but you’ll have to do it on a computer because there’s a quick fix. Take note of these steps.
- To change your money, tap on your currency and the currency you want to change it into.
- Input the value that you want to change into.
- It’s better not to click “Convert” but instead click “Continue.”
- This will start a payment transaction that will convert your money for you.
- You can now see how your money has changed. Because you only want to know the conversion, you can cancel the transaction and look at the transformation.
This transaction is unable to be completed at this time
This may be because of a lot of different things. Some of them:
- We don’t know if you have enough money in your PayPal account to finish the deal. If this is the event, you can count money to your PayPal.
- You may not have added a backup payment method to your account. This problem is connected to the first one because PayPal has a backup payment method if you don’t have enough money to pay. To fix this, attach a card to your account.
- You don’t have a PayPal account that the company has checked out. To take your account verified, follow the measures above.
- People can’t buy things from each other through PayPal because of safety reasons. PayPal’s system takes note of how people use their accounts. PayPal stops a transaction if it looks like it will be wrong. For this, you’ll need to get in touch with PayPal’s support team.
PayPal is temporarily unavailable
Sometimes, PayPal is down for a lot of different reasons. Some people might be doing scheduled maintenance, so you can’t get into your PayPal account. Go to the PayPal status page on your phone’s browser to see if the site or services are down. On this page, you’ll be able to see if PayPal’s features work or not. We also have DownDetector, which you can look at as well. In this case, it’s another website that will show you if the main website is working or not. With these websites, you can find out if the problem is with you or with PayPal, and you can think out which one is to blame.
Buyers Can Only Pay Through Encrypted Website
PayPal cares about safety, ensuring that all transactions are as safe as possible. Encrypted Website Payments, or EWP, is a way for PayPal to ensure this doesn’t happen. This is why. To ensure your payment button code is safe, you can use public and private keys to encrypt the code. It protects the payment information from people who don’t need to see it. They can’t see the source code of a website in a browser.
You may have seen the message “The seller only accepts encrypted payments on the seller’s site.” There are buttons that you can’t use to pay the seller unless they are safe. Please ask your seller for more information. If that’s the case, then you’re probably trying to pay from a button that isn’t safe. As long as you open your account on a computer, there is an easy way to fix this.
Take these steps:
- PayPal: Log in to your PayPal statement and go to the PayPal site.
- Next to the “LogOut” button is a Cog icon. Tap on it right at the top of your screen.
- If you click on this, you will go to your profile. You can find the Seller Tools on the tabs at the top of the screen.
- Web site preferences will be on the list. The Update button is on the right. Click on it.
- When you get to the bottom of the page, look for the Encrypted payments section. Toward the bottom of the screen, a box says, “Block non-encrypted site payment.” Make sure the “Off” switch is turned on in this section to stop it from being on.
Now, you should be able to pay.
Payment Processing Error
When you can’t make a payment, this message comes up. This might happen because you don’t have a PayPal account, which could cause this. If you’re a guest who doesn’t have a PayPal account, you only have 15 chances to make a payment.
If you’ve reached that number and the payment still doesn’t work, you’ll need to set up a PayPal account. A quick fix for this is to set up a PayPal account as the person asks. If the problem doesn’t go away after setting up an account, you should contact the PayPal support team.